The main function of Establishment Branch are as follows:
1. Financial Powers and delegation thereof and declaration of Drawing and Disbursing Officer (DDO).
2. Rules relating to Pay and Allowances.
3. Matters relating to establishment of Treasuries excluding Accounts Matters.
4. Service Rules of Mizoram Finance & Accounts Service.
5. General Advice on financial aspects of Service Rules etc.
6. Interpretation of FR, SR, CSR, CCS (CCA) having financing implication.
7. Honorarium, fee, Special Pay, Compensatory Allowances etc.
8. Deputation for Training within and outside India.
9. Establishment matters of Directorate of Accounts & Treasuries.
10. Leave Rules/Grant of study leave.
11. Children Education Assistance.
12. Extension, re-employment on contract basis.
13. Festival Advance.
14. Revision/Framing of Rules.
15. Pension cases of Officers under Administrative Control of Finance Department.
16. Rules relating to TA/LTC/Medical Attendance Rules.
17. Creation of temporary posts.
18. Retention of temporary posts of all Departments conversion of temporary posts into permanent ones.
19. Creation of Circles/Division and its conversion thereof.
20. Currency Remittance.
21. Indenting of cheques/Stamps including maintenance of cheque drawing authority.
22. Yardstick for creation of posts of various categories in the different offices of the State Government.
23. Matters relating to Consultative Committee.
24. Joint Consultative Meeting.
25. Questions relating to State Legislative/Parliament.
26. Court cases.
27. Vetting of Rules of All Departments including Financial Memorandum and Cabinet Memorandum.
28. Rules relating to Grant-in-Aid and Scholarship.
29. Rendition of accounts by Treasuries to Accountant General.